The Silver Whisper

The Silver Whisper
Our home away from home

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Singapore/March 4

We have left Singapore with William safely aboard.  We did a whirlwind tour because I had my dental appointment, and you will all be thrilled to learn that they fixed my tooth at THE TOOF DOCTOR (I kid you not) painlessly.  He says I will need a crown and maybe a root canal when I get home but I will try and take care of things until then.



Singapore is truly a sight to see. It is wonderfully clean and the streets are wide and have trees and flowers in many places.  This is interesting because the whole place is so small and they need evey inch, but they use some on decoration and appearances.
They are indeed as strict as you have read.  Local people cannot buy gum!  No fights are allowed and if you are hit first you cannot hit back or you go to jail as well!  Many of these details were told to us by the driver who took us back to the ship.  So it MUST be true.
Our day in Singapore began as we met William at his hotel. It is the brand new MARINA BAY SANDS.  This is the hotel which has an infinity pool on the roof and it is spectacular to see because it looks as though you will fall off the edge and fall 57 stories.
Now, the unfortunate news..  I forgot my camera.  You'll have to take my word for it.  I will put a photo next time, of a yacht we passed on the way out of the harbor.  Someone thought it belonged to Abromovich, the Russian billlionaire, because it was named  "A," but we looked it up and he has a bigger one!!!!!!
In Singapore we also got in a cab and drove around to see some of the local sights including the FOUNTAIN OF WEALTH and the smaller fountain of a lion with a fish tail.  William's room had a spectacular view of the city.
(Ed note: Some photos may be out of order, but you can ask Denny/Mom/Gramonna when she gets home and she'll show you an hour or two of a slide show.)
Tomorrow is Vietnam, then a couple of days at sea and Hong Kong.  Finally, we will arrive in Shanghai, bid farewell to William and welcome Andrea. 
Carl and William
Love and kisses to all,
ME 

1 comment: