The Silver Whisper

The Silver Whisper
Our home away from home

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Hue - March 22, 2012

Hello again from ME, the original blog author.  Are you enjoying my “guest columnist, Andrea”? Actually, her computer and photography skills are far superior and I am happy to have had her posting these reports.
A gentleman who p0osed for me

I went to HUE by myself! Andrea and Carl/Daddy were on the Marble Mountain, “China Beach” tour, where I understand a major souvenir purchase was made.  Wait until you see our fishpond…eventually.  Something is supposed to be shipped which will have a place of honor amongst our (still hopefully surviving) gold fish.  I think Andrea got a good photo, so perhaps the secret will be previewed.
Me in front of Imperial Something
Anyway, I went to HUE. (Pronounced way, or whey as is curds and whey,..you get it!!!!) There I saw the Imperial Tomb (but they are not exactly sure where the king was buried…you know that whole Pharaoh thing…kil lthe guys who constructed the tomb… and also the Imperial Palace and Citadel.  It was interesting to see but not so impressive when you reflect that this was only since the mid 19th century.  I’ve seen older buildings in New York…granted, without such a colorful history.  The drive itself, an hour and a half from the ship was the usual hair-raising Asian trip. The views were spectacular, as we passed rice paddies and went up through the mountains.  My souvenir collection is growing.  Did you know Vietnam is known for its pearls?  The vendors will put a lighter to the pearls to show you that they are not plastic!  Tonight, the dress code on the ship is for wearing something purchased in China or Vietnam.  I plan to wear pearls!!!  O yes, and a shirt and slacks.  I got a tee shirt for Daddy/Carl which has a golden dragon and VIETNAM written on it! 

Dragons
Now we have two days at sea and I fully expect to catch up on my tanning.  We have left the fog and cold behind and are sweltering happily once more!  We will “lose” Andrea in Bangkok, but I know that Hilary and Ricardo are already in preparation mode.  Andrea has NOT been indoctrinating the crew that “Andrea’s sister and her husband” will be joining us.  William, your efforts were quite successful but Andrea has carved out a niche for herself. She is even going to try water volleyball today.  I warned her that Amy had done it already and found it was not for “shorties”, but Andrea is soooooo much taller.
Stone Horse and Elephant




Love and kisses,
ME

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I'm learning in Hue and i think your writing about Hue is interesting. Great :)

    ReplyDelete