The Silver Whisper

The Silver Whisper
Our home away from home

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Three days in - January 9th, 2012

We are now three days in and still speaking.  Wonder of wonders!

First, Amy and anyone else who is wondering if a tuxedo is required for Formal nights, if you have a dark suit, white shirt and dark tie, all is well.  The ladies dressed up nicely although not quite Red Carpet style.  That is, no trains or strapless.  Of course, this is an older bunch so that is rather to be expected. 

We are having a bit of bouncy weather and so I have had to resort to Dramamine, but it seems to do the job.  I tried the Pilates class  and gave up half way through it.  Between the bending like a pretzel and the motion of the boat, I was really nauseous.

The ship is very nice and the crew as well.  Our stateroom is fine except for the area in front of the bed which is juuuuust high enough for us to pass and our height makes me nervous about hitting my head.  The ceiling curves there as we are in the very front of the boat.

2 comments:

  1. Three days! And they said it wouldn't last! HAH! <- not Hilary, just laughing! Good to be 5'7", sounds like I'll fit in the state room! Glad to see the blog up and functional my vicarious living through someone else's travel has been thin lately (sigh!) Woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So at 5'5", I'll have enough room to bring Ron with me!

    ReplyDelete