The Silver Whisper

The Silver Whisper
Our home away from home

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Portuguese Lessons and Piano Concerts - January 18, 2012

Amy and all other potential travelers (with us).  I have written about the formal wear but think I need to add that the Informal nights do not mean much dressing down.  The women all wear nice dresses or pantsuits or slacks and fancy tops and the guys have to wear a jacket but do not need a tie. The casual nights are usually upon leaving port and still mean no jeans or shorts (cargo or otherwise!)
So far we have still not left the ship but at least the weather has improved for a smoother ride.  I have not taken any Dramamine in two days! 

They had a couple of very enjoyable piano concerts and I am working on picking up a few Portuguese phrases in the beginner's class.  You can work with me when you come, Andrea!
No progress yet on the pictures thing, at least as far as me being able to send them from my camera.

This photo was taken by the Hotel Director - we were near Tortola, British Virgin Islands
    
About 1/3 of the passengers are on the full cruise.  There are only about 50% Americans on board.  We will bet off in Salvador and I will try and send something after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment