The Silver Whisper

The Silver Whisper
Our home away from home

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Penang, Malaysia - April 1st


The rickshaw ride turned out to be another pedicab ride.  They were more decorated than those in Vietnam but the Vietnamese were better drivers.  They took a group of close to 50 of us World Cruisers to a famous English hotel (originally) called the Eastern and Oriental. 

We had tea and champagne (Silver Sea tea time is better and you can always ask for champagne) but they also had some lovely dancers representing the three cultures common to Malaysia;  Indian, Chinese and Malay.  Once back on the ship I was delighted to be able to get a very amateur video of the pilot leaving the ship as we sailed away.  Kelly, dare I try and send a video for the blog?  (Ed Note:  Yes - let's try!)

I took a photo of Carl as we prepared to leave on the ride.  Then he took one of me at the hotel, seated, overlooking the bay.  We are now at sea for two days and the internet is running extremely slowly, so I am going to wait another day to try and post this if I go on later and it is still so slow.






Love and kisses,

ME

No comments:

Post a Comment