The Silver Whisper

The Silver Whisper
Our home away from home

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

after St. Helena


This is yet another test.  I had a lovely long post for you all from St. Helena and was going to try this way of posting directly to the blog (through Kelly's instructions) but I wrote it off line and in aol and now I cannot bring it up on Carl's lap top.  I am using the lap top because it has the few pictures I have FINALLY been able to download.
So here goes.
St. Helena was probably very glad to get Napoleon and there various other prisoners over the years.  There is NOTHING else to do there.  Everybody on the entire island sits outside when a ship comes.  we did see the housd Napoleon used and some big tortoises.  One of them, they claim, is the oldest in the world.  I am surprised her has noit died of boredom!  I am trying to insert a picture of Carl at the entrance to N's house and a view of the ship from up the long winding road which took us there.  To be fair, they had some lovely gardens and wildfdlowers.
Now here goes for the insertl

Love to all,
K and L come on Saturday (we are now at Walvis Bay in Namibia, about to go out for dinner in the desert.
I will have their help to send a report on that.,
ME

1 comment:

  1. Did Daddy try to tell everyone he was related to Napoleon?

    ReplyDelete